Giro Switchblade MIPS Helmet
Giro’s Switchblade MIPS Helmet is a performance-oriented, comfortable full face helmet with a removable chinbar.
Comfortable and Ventilated Full Face Helmet
The Giro Switchblade MIPS Helmet features the Roc Loc? Air DH fit system, which has a bumper around the dial to prevent unintentional adjustments if your helmet comes into contact with your backpack or neck brace. If you remove the chinbar, Giro’s Wind Tunnel? cheek pad ventilation adds cooling power as you climb. Your favourite goggles will fit snugly around Giro’s Switchblade design.
Everything about Giro’s Switchblade is optimised for the descent, which is why this Giro Switchblade MIPS Helmet is certified to CPSC, EN-1078 and ASTM-1952-DH standards with and without the chinbar. The Chinbar is easy to remove by pushing the buttons under the chinbar, rotate up, and remove. It is just as easy to reinstall too.
- In-mould construction
- Removable chinbar
- P.O.V. Plus? visor
- Hydrophilic X-Static antimicrobial padding
- MIPS? equipped
- Spare visor with camera mount
- Fit System: Roc Loc? Air DH system
- Ventilation: 20 vents with internal channelling, Wind Tunnel? cheek pad ventilation
- Certified to: CPSC, EN-1078 and ASTM-1952-DH with & without chinbar
- Hydrophilic Padding: The hydrophilic pad can absorb up to 10 times its own weight in water, helping you manage sweat while riding. The pad retains moisture to prevent sweat from dripping into your eyes, and then dries quickly. The antimicrobial X-Static? lining helps to reduce odour, keeping your helmet fresh.
- P.O.V. Plus: Giro’s P.O.V. Plus visor features an adjustment mechanism that lets you move the visor up and down in indexed steps. These steps include three riding positions plus a high position for goggle storage above your brow. The design allows you to easily adjust your visor with one hand while riding.
- MIPS?: All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro?s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces.
What is MIPS?
- MIPS is a Brain Protection System
- Rotational motion can cause brain injuries
- The low friction layer allows a sliding movement of 10?15 mm, in all directions, reducing rotational motion to the brain during impact
- MIPS adds protection
Buy Giro Protection from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
White – Grey, Vermillion – Purple