Spank SPIKE Race 33 MTB Wheelset
The Spank SPIKE Race 33 MTB Wheelset adds traction and stability to your bikes performance without having to sacrifice speed. Spank have been developing Wide Rims for a long time before anyone else and the new Race 33 is the ultimate evolution in mountain bike wheel technology. Featuring a 28mm inner rim profile combined with Bead Bite technology, this wheelset provides unmatched tyre security and performance, should you be using tubes or running them tubeless. The wider rim width provides the perfect tyre profile that delivers superior grip, rolling, traction and rider confidence.
Light and Strong Alloy
The Spike 33 rims feature Spank Oohbah technology, combined with a sturdy and durable MGR Dynamal Alloy construction to provide a superb competition proven weight, which makes it one of the strongest alloy rims on the planet. The rim is fully ready to be converted to tubeless to provide optimal grip and rolling efficiency, since you can run much lower pressures. Most tubeless wheelsets on the market suffer from bead burp where when riding over challenging terrain, the tyre bead can burp sealant and loose pressure; the Bead Bite featured on Spank wheels eradicates this problem, keeping your tubeless system sealed and rolling at its full potential.
Durable, Reliable and Efficient
This wheelset rolls on the Spike Race hubs; they are among the most durable and adaptable on the market. Designed to handle the roughest terrain and weather conditions, ride after ride. By using the Spank unique end-cap system, they are future proof as they can be adapted to fit almost any frame/fork dropout standard. The hub internals are simple and can be serviced at home very easily; Spank also provide all the service parts needed a very reasonable price. All in all, the Spike Race 33 wheelset is more durable, reliable and efficient than its predecessor and almost anything else on the market.
- Material: Hub: CNC Optimized Forged Alloy; Axle: Steel; Rim: MGR Dynamal Alloy
- Spokes: J-hook triple butted, 32h, 3-cross lacing
- Hub Spacing O.L.D.: Front: 20x110mm; Rear: 12x142mm
- Axle Adaptors Included: Front: 15x100mm; Rear: 12x135mm
- Type: Tubeless Ready
- Valve Type: F/V Presta
- Rim Internal Width: 28mm
- Rim External Width: 33mm
- Rim: Spike Race 33
- Hub: Spike Race 33
- Freehub: Shimano 9, 10-Speed
- Weight: 2.06kg (27.5″)
- Please note: Tubeless Rim Tape and Valves supplied separately
- Bead Bite: At an incredible range of pressures, Bead Bite is the solution to keeping your tires burp free and fixed in place. Bead Bite rim technology enhances tubeless use with tires of all types and with a greater range of air pressures. Bead Bite rims have 6 rows of tiny ridges that run along the vertical and horizontal faces of the bead seats. These tiny teeth create air seals between the rim and tire as the bead conforms into them under air pressure. They dramatically increase frictional forces on the tire bead, reducing the beads? ability to move vertically or horizontally (thus improving tire stability and reducing burps). The bead literally becomes trapped between the vertical and horizontal ridges, even at very low air pressures. Even in tubed applications, Bead Bite rims tend to allow much lower air pressures with reduced risk of pinch flats.
- Oohbah: The unique OohBah profile allows Spank to manufacture thinner walled, wider profiled, lighter rims without sacrificing strength or rigidity. Wider rims mean stiffer wheels and more tire spread, leading to greater traction and improved comfort, and tire performance. The ?wave? shape of the OohBah inner tube adds strength and support to the vertical rim flange walls and prevent buckling. Normal straight or curved tube wells must be much thicker, and by default heavier, to offer the same support.
- Dynamal Alloy: This alloy is a safe, affordable and responsible alternative to carbon fibre. Utilising the endless lifecycle of aluminium, Spank’s proprietary alloy blends offer superior mechanical properties resulting in stronger rims and reduced weight through optimised design. Spank Industries has made a concerted effort to develop safe and affordable alternatives to the excessive use of carbon fibre in the bicycle manufacturing industry. Spank’s WC DH Race Teams and their most hard core Big Mountain Freeriders are running Spank?s Dynamal Alloy rims in the choice against carbon fibre. Unlike standard recycled alloy mixes, Dynamal is a dynamically aged highly magnesium-silicon enriched, pure alloy, which is blended with a special “secret” hardening metal. Compared to statically aged traditional alloy types, Dynamal shows a significant further increase in ultimate tensile strength and yield, without the normal reductions in fatigue life.
Buy Spank Wheels & Tyres from Bicycles Online Shop, the World?s Largest Online Bike Store.