Vitus Sommet VRS FS Bike – SRAM GX Eagle 1×12
Go anywhere and ride everything on the Vitus? Sommet, a one-stop-shop do-it-allaluminium MTB machine. Designed for enduro racing as well as all-mountain and downhill action, the performance-oriented Sommet VRS FS Bike will help you climb any peak with ease before hammering back down the most technical and challenging terrain you can find. And the best part? You?ll still be fresh to do it all again!
Aggressive Trail Geometry
The Sommet VRS FS Bike features an aggressive geometry and bottomless, yet efficient,suspension that helps this aluminium mountain bike feel at home on the trails, in the bike park, or at the races. The Sommet delivers an agile and reliable performance to helpyou hone your race craft and climb onto the podium. Equipped with SRAM’s performance-oriented GX Eagle 12-speed groupset, SRAM Guide RE disc brakes, and DT Swiss wheelset, this Vitus Sommet VRS FS Bike is ready for action.
Vitus? Sommet VRS FS Bike is dialled-in with an updated enduro geometry. This race-ready rig is now longer, lower, and slacker than ever before. The new 65.5? head angle, increased reach, longer wheelbase, and better standover clearance all combine to inspire confidence: giving the rider more space to move around,improving stability; helping them stay in control on the most technical of trails.
Suspension Redesign for Trunnion
Suspension has been redesigned and increased at both ends with 170mm on thefront and 160mm on the rear. Vitus redesigned the leverage curve for thenew Trunnion shock to be more supple, supportive, and progressive than theprevious version. rear suspension small bump sensitivity has been increasedthanks to the incorporation of a super low friction Metric shock. This combinedwith the upper Trunnion bearing shock mount improves suspension linkagedurability and creates a super smooth, supple and responsive ride which offersincredible traction on the trail.
This Sommet VRS FS Bike model has Boost hubs. The wider front and rear axles for offer increased mud clearance, wheel stiffness, strength and durability.
- Frame: Hydroformed Triple Butted 6061-T6 Aluminium frame with patented four-bar V-Link rear suspension, 160mm travel
- Forks: RockShox Lyrik RC, 170mm travel, DebonAir spring, Charger 2 Damper, External Rebound adjuster, Low Speed Compression to Firm, ?35mm Alloy Stanchions ? Fast Black coating, tapered aluminium steerer, Boost 15x110mm axle, 46mm offset, Maxle Stealth
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 – Trunnion, Native metric Design, Debon Air Spring, External Rebound Damping Adjustment, 3 Position Compression Adjustment (Open/Pedal/Lock), ML1S380 205×62.5mm
- Chainset: SRAM Descendant Carbon Eagle, 170mm, 34T, Boost
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP (BSA), 73mm
- Shifters: SRAM GX Eagle Trigger, 12-Speed
- Chain Guide: MRP SXG
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1275, 10T-50T, 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-Speed
- Wheelset: DT Swiss E1700 Spline 30 ? Tubeless Ready
- Front: Maxxis High Roller II Maxx Terra, 3C/EXO/TR, 27.5? x 2.4?
- Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II TR/DD, 27.5? x 2.3?
- Front Brake: SRAM Guide RE Hydraulic Disc, 200mm rotor
- Rear Brake: SRAM Guide RE Hydraulic Disc, 180mm rotor
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon, 7075 Double-Butted Alloy, 25mm rise, 780mm wide (S/M/L) or 800mm (L/XL)
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack (NO.57), 1.1/8″ ? 1.5″
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron, 35mm extension
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth, 150mm Drop (125mm drop for Small)
- Seatclamp: Vitus Bolt
- Intended use: All-mountain/enduro/downhill
- Travel: 160mm, patented four-bar V-Link rear suspension with horizontal floating shock mount
- Fork Travel: 170mm
- Rear Travel: 160mm
- Wheel Size: 27.5? (650b)
- Speed: 12-Speed
- Boost 110x15mm Through front axle
- Boost 148x12mm through rear axle
- Aggressive enduro Geometry (low, Slack, long with short stem)
- Clearance for up to 2.6? tyres
- Removable High Direct FD mount
- ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
- Bolt-on downtube protector to protect the downtube and cables fromrock strikes
- Main Pivot Location: This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay Pivot Location: This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compress (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximises active suspension when using the rear brake; similar to a floating brake design, without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle Path: Because of the main pivot location, the Sommet has 66mm of travel with a reward axle path which all helps the rider to carry momentum over rough terrain and especially over square edged hits.
- Suspension Redesign: Redesigned leverage curve for the new Trunnion shock means it is more supple, supportive and progressive than the previous version. The lower shock mount still moves forward with the suspension; providing a consistent rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Green – Yellow
38cm (15″), 48cm (19″), 52cm (20.5″), 43cm (17″)