Vitus Sommet Suspension Bike – Deore 1×10
Find your passion for mountain biking on Vitus? Sommet Suspension Bike. The Sommet Suspension Bike may be the first step on the Sommet ladder but it packs a lot of performance at this price-point. Whether you want to ride enduro, all-mountain, or downhill – and there’s nothing stopping you from trying them all – this fun and friendly Sommet Suspension Bike will help you climb and descend. This aluminium mountain bike comes with fun guaranteed.
Aggressive Trail Geometry
The Sommet Suspension Bike features an aggressive geometry and bottomless, yet efficient, suspension that helps this aluminium mountain bike feel at home on the trails or at the bike park. The Sommet delivers an agile and reliable performance to help you hone your race craft and climb onto the podium. Equipped with an FSA Gamma Pro Mega Exo chainset and Shimano’s 10-speed Deore shifters, rear mech, cassette, this bike is reliable.
Vitus? Sommet Suspension Bike is designed with an enduro geometry. This aluminium MTB rig is now longer, lower, and slacker than ever before. The new 65.5? head angle, increased reach, longer wheelbase, and better standover clearance all combine to inspire confidence: giving the rider more space to move around, improving stability; helping them stay in control on the most technical of trails.
Suspension Redesign for Trunnion
Vitus redesigned the leverage curve for the new Trunnion shock to be more supple, supportive, and progressive than the previous version. rear suspension small bump sensitivity has been increased thanks to the incorporation of a super low friction Metric shock. This combined with the upper Trunnion bearing shock mount improves suspension linkage durability and creates a super smooth, supple and responsive ride which offers incredible traction on the trail.
This Sommet Suspension Bike has Boost hubs with wider front and rear axles for offering increased mud clearance, wheel stiffness, strength and durability.
- Frame: Hydroformed Triple Butted 6061-T6 Aluminium Frame with patented four-bar V-Link rear suspension, 160mm travel
- Forks: Manitou Mattoc Comp, 160mm travel, Expert Air, ABS+ Compression Damping, Externally Adjustable TPC Rebound, ?34mm Black Alloy Stanchions, tapered Alloy steerer, Boost 15x110mm axle, 44mm offset, Hexlock SL axle
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe R – Trunnion, Native metric Design, Debon Air Spring, External Rebound Damping Adjustment, ML1 205×62.5mm
- Chainset: FSA Gamma Pro Mega Exo, 170mm, 32T, Boost
- Bottom Bracket: FSA Mega Exo (BSA), 73mm
- Shifters: Shimano Deore SL-M6000 Rapid Fire Plus, I-Spec II, 10-Speed
- Chainguide: MRP 1xCS
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore RD-M6000 Shadow Plus
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG500, 11T-42T, 10-Speed
- Chain: KMC X10EL, 10-Speed
- Rims: WTB STP i29 TCS (tubeless ready), 27.5?
- Front Hub: Novatec D711SB-B15 – 6 Bolt, 110mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Novatec D462SB-SL-B12 – 6 Bolt, 148mm x 12mm
- Spokes: Stainless Double Butted
- Front: Maxxis High Roller II Maxx Terra, 3C/EXO/TR, 27.5? x 2.4?
- Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II TR/DD, 27.5? x 2.3?
- Front Brake: Shimano BR-MT500 Hydraulic Disc, 203mm rotor
- Rear Brake: Shimano BR-MT500 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm rotor
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Neutron, Double Butted Alloy, 25mm rise; 780mm (S/M), 800mm (L/XL)
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack (NO.57), 1.1/8″ ? 1.5″
- Stem: Vitus, 3D Forged 6061-T6 Aluminium, +/- 3? Rise, 40mm extension
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend XL Stealth Dropper, 31.6mm x 150mm drop (120mm Drop on size S)
- Seatclamp: Vitus Bolt
- Travel: 160mm, patented four-bar V-Link rear suspension with horizontal floating shock mount
- Fork Travel: 160mm
- Rear Travel: 160mm
- Wheel Size: 27.5? (650b)
- Speed: 10-Speed
- Boost 110x15mm through front axle
- Boost 148x12mm Trough rear axle
- Aggressive enduro Geometry (low, Slack, long with short stem)
- Clearance for up to 2.6? tyres
- Removable High Direct FD mount
- ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
- Bolt-on downtube protector to protect the downtube and cables fromrock strikes
- Main Pivot Location: This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay Pivot Location: This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compress (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximises active suspension when using the rear brake; similar to a floating brake design, without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle Path: Because of the main pivot location, the Sommet has 66mm of travel with a reward axle path which all helps the rider to carry momentum over rough terrain and especially over square edged hits.
- Suspension Redesign: Redesigned leverage curve for the new Trunnion shock means it is more supple, supportive and progressive than the previous version. The lower shock mount still moves forward with the suspension; providing a consistent rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Teal – Yellow
52cm (20.5″), 38cm (15″)