Vitus Sommet CRX FS Bike – Carbon SRAM X1 1×11
Enduro racing means hammering technical descents, ascending with finesse and finding your limits long before you reach the limits of this Vitus Sommet, which comes with 155mm of terrain absorbing travel. When you value performance and reliability above all else, get on board the new Vitus Sommet and take that next step up to the podium!
Lightweight Carbon Frame
The Sommet CRX features a full carbon monocoque ABS constructed front triangle, a BB92 bottom bracket, which enables increased stiffness through maximised downtube profile, and fully internal cable routing. The lightweight frame and race-ready geometry combine to deliver a performance-oriented machine that’s fit for purpose.
Add to this a wish list components package featuring RockShox Pike fork, SRAM X1/XO1 shifting, RaceFace Next SL cranks, Mavic Deemax PRO wheelset, RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper seatpost and Nukeproof bars and stem.
RockShox Rear Shock
Rear wheel travel is controlled via a RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir custom tuned air rear shock.
- Frame: T700/ T800 Toray Carbon Fibre Frame With 6061-T6 Alloy Rear Triangle with Four-bar V-Link Rear Suspension, 155mm Travel
- Forks: RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air, 160mm Travel, ?35mm Tapered Wall Aluminium Stanchions ? Low Friction Anodize Fast Black, External Rebound & Low Speed Compression Damping, Tapered Aluminium Steerer, 15mm Maxle Lite Thru Axle
- Shock: RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir, External Rebound & 3 Position Compression Damping, 200mm x 57mm, Custom tune ML
- Chainset: RaceFace Next SL Cinch, 170mm, 32t
- Bottom Bracket: RaceFace BB92
- Shifters: SRAM X1, 11-Speed
- Chain Guide: MRP SXG
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X0 Type 2
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1175, 10t-42t, 11-Speed
- Chain: SRAM PCX1, 11-Speed
- Rims: Mavic Deemax PRO, 27.5″
- Front Hub: Mavic Deemax PRO – 6 Bolt, 100mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Mavic Deemax PRO – 6 Bolt, XX1/142mm x 12mm
- Spokes: Mavic Deemax PRO
- Tyres: Front ? WTB Vigilante TCS Light, High Grip compound, UST, Aramid Bead 27.5″ x 2.3″ ? Rear ? WTB Trail Boss TCS, Dual DNA compound, UST, Aramid Bead, 27.5″ x 2.25″
- Front Brake: SRAM Guide RS Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Rear Brake: SRAM Guide RS Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead Carbon Riser Bar, High-Modulus carbon, 25mm Rise, 780mm Wide
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack (NO.57), 1.1/8″ ? 1.5″
- Stem: Nukeproof Zero, 0 Degree Rise, 35mm Extension
- Saddle: Nukeproof Vector AM Comp
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth, 125mm Drop
- Seatclamp: Nukeproof Warhead 36.4mm
Weight: 12.4kg /27.34lbs (size M)
- Main pivot location: This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay pivot location: This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximises active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle path: Because of the main pivot location the Sommet has 66mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
- Leverage rate design: The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Silver – Yellow