Vitus Sommet CRX Carbon FS Bike XO1 Eagle 1×12
Vitus? range topping Sommet CRX Carbon FS Bike is engineered to help you master the trail, whether that’s up, down, or navigating rock gardens and fast lines. This lightweight and stiff carbon mountain bike is designed to help you climb onto the podium at an enduro race, but is completely at home tackling all-mountain and downhill action.
Aggressive Trail Geometry
The Sommet CRX Carbon FS Bike features an aggressive geometry and bottomless, yet efficient, suspension that helps this lightweight carbon mountain bike feel at home on the trails, in the bike park, or at the races. The Sommet delivers an agile and reliable performance to help you hone your trail craft. Equipped with the truly race-ready SRAM X01 drivetrain, SRAM Code RSC hydraulic disc brakes, a DT Swiss wheelset, RockShox fork and shock, and the list goes on. The Sommet CRX Carbon FS Bike offers the complete race-winning package.
Vitus? Sommet CRX Carbon FS Bike is dialled-in with an updated enduro geometry. This race-ready rig is now longer, lower, and slacker than ever before. The new 65.5? head angle, increased reach, longer wheelbase, and better standover clearance all combine to inspire confidence: giving the rider more space to move around, improving stability; helping them stay in control on the most technical of trails.
Suspension Redesign for Trunnion
Suspension has been redesigned and increased at both ends with 170mm on the front and 160mm on the rear. Vitus redesigned the leverage curve for the new Trunnion shock to be more supple, supportive, and progressive than the previous version. rear suspension small bump sensitivity has been increased thanks to the incorporation of a super low friction Metric shock. This combined with the upper Trunnion bearing shock mount improves suspension linkagedurability and creates a super smooth, supple and responsive ride which offers incredible traction on the trail.
The Sommet CRX Carbon FS Bike has Boost hubs; the wider front and rear axles for offer increased mud clearance, wheel stiffness, strength and durability.
- Frame: T700/T800 Toray Carbon Fibre front triangle with 6061-T6 Aluminium rear triangle with patented four-bar V-Link rear suspension, 160mm travel
- Forks: RockShox Lyrik RCT3, 170mm travel, DebonAir spring, Charger 2 Damper, External Rebound adjuster, 3-Position Compression Adjustment (Open/Pedal/Firm), ?35mm Alloy Stanchions ? fast Black coating, tapered aluminium steerer, Boost 15x110mm Axle, 46mm offset, Maxle Stealth
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 – Trunnion, Native metric Design, Debon Air Spring, External Rebound Damping Adjustment, 3 Position Compression Adjustment (Open/Pedal/Lock), ML1S380 205×62.5mm
- Chainset: SRAM X01 Carbon Eagle, 170mm, 34T, Boost
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM Press Fit GXP, BB92
- Shifters: SRAM X01 Eagle Trigger, 12-Speed
- Chainguide: MRP SXG
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 10t-50t, 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-Speed
- Wheelset: DT Swiss EX1501 Spline One 30mm, tubeless ready
- Front: Maxxis High Roller II Maxx Terra, 3C/EXO/TR, 27.5? x 2.4?
- Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II TR/DD, 27.5? x 2.3?
- Front Brake: SRAM Code RSC Hydraulic Disc, 200mm rotor
- Rear Brake: SRAM Code RSC Hydraulic Disc, 180mm rotor
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead Carbon Riser Bar, High-Modulus carbon, 25mm rise, 780mm wide (S/M/L) or 800mm (L/XL)
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack (NO.57), 1.1/8″ ? 1.5″
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron, 35mm extension
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth, 150mm Drop (Small ? 125mm Drop)
- Seatclamp: Vitus Bolt
- Intended use: All-mountain/enduro/downhill
- Travel: 160mm, patented four-bar V-Link rear suspension with horizontal floating shock mount
- Fork Travel: 170mm
- Rear Travel: 160mm
- Wheel Size: 27.5? (650b)
- Speed: 12-Speed
- Boost 110x15mm through front axle
- Boost 148x12mm through rear axle
- Aggressive enduro Geometry (low, Slack, long with short stem)
- Clearance for up to 2.6? tyres
- Removable High Direct FD mount
- ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
- Bolt-on downtube protector to protect the downtube and cables fromrock strikes
- Internal cable routing for Stealth Reverb
- Main Pivot Location: This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay Pivot Location: This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compress (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximises active suspension when using the rear brake; similar to a floating brake design, without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle Path: Because of the main pivot location, the Sommet has 66mm of travel with a reward axle path which all helps the rider to carry momentum over rough terrain and especially over square edged hits.
- Suspension Redesign: Redesigned leverage curve for the new Trunnion shock means it is more supple, supportive and progressive than the previous version. The lower shock mount still moves forward with the suspension; providing a consistent rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Matte Carbon – Gloss Black
48cm (19″), 52cm (20.5″), 38cm (15″)