Prime RR-50 Carbon Clincher Road Wheelset
This Prime carbon wheelset is a 50mm deep carbon clincher. All about straight-line speed and power transfer from pedals to the rear wheel for maximum acceleration, these 50mm carbon wheels are ideal for crit racing, TTs and rolling terrain where speed and reduced aerodynamic drag are the key factors in performance.
50mm Carbon Wheels
Prime’s 50mm deep aero rim profile offers a full carbon clincher where increased speed for less physical input comes guaranteed. Prime increased the aerodynamic benefits across a wide range of yaw angles, which brings additional benefits such as a stiffer wheel that suits sprinters and crit racers.
Optimised Rim Profile on this Full Carbon Clincher
Prime’s 25mm wide rim profile is optimised for use with wider tyres ranging from 25c to 33c. For road use 25c to 30c tyres can easily be accommodated; 25c is perhaps the happy medium for all-round comfort and performance on this carbon wheelset. The use of wider tyres offers many benefits, such as a wider contact patch for increased traction and cornering grip, reduced rolling resistance and the added comfort associated with higher volume tyres. For gravel and cyclocross use, tyres ranging from 28c to 33c will easily be accommodated.
Smooth Hubset to Complete these 50mm Carbon Wheels
This Prime RR-50 Carbon Clincher Road Wheelset features our CC-50 rims and R020 hubset laced together with DT Swiss Double Butted spokes and finished off with DT Swiss Pro Lock nipples. For optimum braking performance, it is recommended that you only use Prime Carbon Pro brake pads with this full carbon clincher wheelset.
- Prime Carbon Pro brake pads
- Prime QR skewers
- Tubeless valves x 2
- Tubeless tape (Installed)
- Spare spokes x 3: 1 Front, 2 x Rear (1 drive side / 1 non-drive side)
- Nipples x 3
- Compatible with Prime R020 Bearing Kit
- Weight: 676g front, 884g rear
- Total Wheelset Weight: 1,560g
- Material: T700 UD carbon fibre rim section
- Rim Profile: Prime U profile for enhanced aerodynamics and predictable handling in crosswinds
- Spoke count: 24 hole (Rear), 20 hole (Front)
- Rim width: 25mm wide (16.5mm internal rim width)
- High TG resin 3K carbon fibre brake track with textured surface for enhanced all weather performance
- Tubeless ready
- SBT technology ? Staggered brake track positions the braking surface away from the tyre bead to increase heat dissipation
- Material: Superlight Forged & CNC machined 7075 alloy hub body
- Spoke type: J Bend
- Bearings: Premium Japanese sealed cartridge bearings x 4
- Axle: 130mm x QR
- Pawls: 4
- Points of engagement: 26
- Freehub Body: Lightweight alloy with ABG (Anti Bite Guard), Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11- speed
- Freehub Body Option: Campagnolo freehub body available for purchase separately
- Hole Count: 24
- Weight: 228g
- Material: Forged & CNC machined 7075 alloy hub body
- Spoke Type: J Bend
- Bearings: Premium Japanese sealed cartridge bearings x 2
- 3 in 1 Axle: 100mm x 9mm
- Hole Count: 20
- Weight: 60g
Buy Prime Wheels from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.