Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite Clincher Road Wheelset
The Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite Clincher Road Wheelset combines a very engaging total black look with high-end specs, including a special braking surface that creates new standards for braking on aluminium road bike wheels.
The Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation process gives the braking surface very special characteristics regarding hardness and wear resistance. This is possible thanks to a very fine and compact matrix of alpha and microcrystalline gamma alumina and amorphous alumina embedded on the surface. Thanks to the high hardness of the layer, these wheels present excellent wear resistance.
The braking surface on these wheels is created by turning, which allows superior braking efficiency. Specific blue brake pads should be used with the Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite Clincher Road Wheelset.
A special triple milling process makes it possible to reduce the peripheral weight of the rims and to increase the responsiveness of the wheels.
They have a differentiated rim height: 27mm at the front to have good handling and 30mm at the rear to transfer all of the power to the wheel.
These wheels feature an oversized aluminium flange and Two-to-One? technology on the rear, which is the doubling of the spokes on the cassette side, providing greater torsional stiffness and therefore greater responsiveness to every pedal stroke. This means greater efficiency in the transmission of power by minimising flex.
The front hub has been redesigned to be smaller and also lighter.
Smoothness is ensured by the famous USB? ceramic bearings. The cup and cone technology maintains the most efficient angle of contact between the bearings and the bearing seat, increasing the smoothness and durability.
A careful choice of aluminium spokes is used to ensure optimal rigidity and special attention has been paid to aerodynamics. Aluminium nipples have been used and thanks to the lightweight, they reduce the peripheral mass further increasing the responsiveness of the wheels.
- Wheel Material: Aluminium
- Rim Material: Aluminium (6082, T6 pre-aging), triple milling, Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation treatment, square milling
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Suggested Tyre Width: 25mm to 32mm
- Profile Height: Low
- Rim Height: Front: 27mm; Rear: 30mm
- Rim Width: Outer: 22.5mm; Inner: 17mm
- Braking System: Caliper
- Braking Surface: Aluminium braking surface, Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation treatment, milled
- Spoke Count: Front: 16; Rear: 21 (7 left & 14 right), Two-to-One?
- Spoke Material: Aluminium
- Spoke Type: Aero, straight pull
- Nipples: Aluminium
- Front Hub: Carbon, aluminium flanges, QR
- Rear Hub: Aluminium with oversized flange, QR
- Bearings: USB ceramic bearings, adjustable cup & cone bearing system
- Other: Plasma treated HG freewheel, aluminium axles
- Weight: 1506g
Buy Fulcrum Wheels & Tyres from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Black – Grey
100m Front – 130mm Rear
Campagnolo Freehub, Shimano Freehub