Fulcrum Racing Speed XLR 80 Road Wheelset – CULT
The Racing Speed XLR 80 Road Wheelset from Fulcrum is designed to conquer the demands of the modern racing cyclist and it achieves this with supreme elegance. Featuring an 80mm full carbon rim, complete with a 3K carbon braking surface to provide exceptional stiffness and aerodynamic finesse, which ensures speed, aerodynamic efficiency and flex-free direct power-transfer. It is also equipped with carbon/aluminium hubs and a ceramic cup & cone bearing system; this wheel provides every road cyclists dream level of performance and is ready to accompany you all the way to the podium.
Market Leading Stability and Aerodynamic Performance
Fulcrum extensively tested this wheelset design during production to ensure that it sliced through the air as the rider was putting the power down and when freewheeling. This enabled Fulcrum to optimise the efficiency of the design while enhancing the crosswind stability so that this wheelset is as effective for long days on the flats as it is during extended hilly sections when the weather is bad. The Racing Speed XLR sets a new standard for Deep Section wheel performance and reliability, which is not often matched by others in this wheel class.
- Material: Rim: Full Carbon 3K Finishing RDB; Hubs: Carbon, Aluminium Flange; Braking Surface: 3k Carbon Fibre; Spokes: Stainless Steel; Nipples: Aluminium Alloy; Bearings: CULT Ceramic
- Rim Height: 80mm
- Rim Width: 20mm
- Rim Type: Tubular
- Braking Interface: Rim brake
- Spoke Type: Straight-pull, double-butted, Aero-Tech
- Spoke Count: Front: 16; Rear: 18
- Freehub: Shimano 9, 10, 11-Speed
- Bearings: CULT bearings tech, Cup & Cone adjustable
- Weight: 1.54kg
- Cult (Ceramic Ultimate Level Technology): Using high-end ceramic balls, which perform continually thanks to the absence of lubricating grease and the precise machining of the cup and cone technology, the friction is reduced drastically and in turn increases the smoothness of triathlon and road bike wheels by as much as 9 times compared to standard bearings.
- 2:1 Two-To-One: Every push on the pedals from the rider will force most of that energy on the drive side of the rear wheel. To combat this loss of rim tension and power transfer, Fulcrum has solved this cycling problem with their 2:1 spoke ratio pattern by doubling the spoke count in crucial zones on the wheel.
- Anti-Rotation System: This system locks the spoke in place once the correct tension is achieved. Engineers at Fulcrum have designed this system to ensure the spokes never lose their initial tension and to remain in the position that has been proven to provide the perfect aerodynamic properties.
- Rim Full Carbon: This technology was developed by Fulcrum and is the combination of different types of carbon fibre, including unidirectional and the famous 90? 3K found on wheel models at the top of the Fulcrum range. Fulcrum developed a special HTC (high transition grade) resin, which has a glass transition point at a higher temperature than any other carbon fibre used within the bicycle industry. This provides exceptional stiffness, durability and braking performance.
- Directionated Rim-Spoke Coupling: An exclusive rim/spoke mounting system. It allows the rim, spokes, hub and nipples to align perfectly, guaranteeing the precise spoke tension in all areas around the wheel.
Buy Fulcrum Wheels & Tyres from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Black – Grey