Fulcrum Racing Light XLR Road Wheelset – CULT
The Fulcrum Racing Light XLR Road Wheelset is perfect for riders seeking an optimised, high-performing wheelset that will excel when climbing. Enhanced by carbon fibre, these wheels feature full carbon rims and carbon hubs, which have aluminium hub flanges for additional strength and durability. These wheels are super-stiff, lightweight and reactive, with exceptional power-transfer and rolling efficiency which is enhanced thanks to the CULT ceramic bearings.
Perfectly Suited to Climbing and Sprinting
This wheelset features a low-profile rim design, which has been precisely carbon constructed for perfectly alignment, stiffness and low rolling resistance. These wheels are exceptional when climbing and sprinting, perfectly suited to long days in the mountains and when you need superior power-transfer to blast ahead of the pack on the home straight.
- Material: Rim: 3K Carbon Fibre; Hub Body: Carbon; Hub Flange: Aluminium
- Rim Width: 20.5mm
- Rim Height: Front: 19mm; Rear: 21mm
- Braking Surface: 3K Carbon
- Spoke Count: Front: 22; Rear: 24
- Spoke Lacing: Two-To-One
- Use: Road, Triathlon, Time Trial
- Rim Type: Tubular
- Bearings: CULT, Cup & Cone
- Weight: 1.22kg
- Cult (Ceramic Ultimate Level Technology): Using high-end ceramic balls, which perform continually thanks to the absence of lubricating grease and the precise machining of the cup and cone technology, the friction is reduced drastically and in turn increases the smoothness of triathlon and road bike wheels by as much as 9 times compared to standard bearings.
- 2:1 Two-To-One: Every push on the pedals from the rider will force most of that energy on the drive side of the rear wheel. To combat this loss of rim tension and power transfer, Fulcrum has solved this cycling problem with their 2:1 spoke ratio pattern by doubling the spoke count in crucial zones on the wheel.
- Rim Full Carbon: This technology was developed by Fulcrum and is the combination of different types of carbon fibre, including unidirectional and the famous 90? 3K found on wheel models at the top of the Fulcrum range. Fulcrum developed a special HTC (high transition grade) resin, which has a glass transition point at a higher temperature than any other carbon fibre used within the bicycle industry. This provides exceptional stiffness, durability and braking performance.
- Rim Dynamic Balance: Simple and Elegant, the weight of the rim gasket is balanced on the opposite side with an item of similar weight.
- Directionated Rim-Spoke Coupling: An exclusive rim/spoke mounting system. It allows the rim, spokes, hub and nipples to align perfectly, guaranteeing the precise spoke tension in all areas around the wheel.
- Anti-Rotation System: This system locks the spoke in place once the correct tension is achieved. Engineers at Fulcrum have designed this system to ensure the spokes never lose their initial tension and to remain in the position that has been proven to provide the perfect aerodynamic properties.
Buy Fulcrum Wheels & Tyres from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Black – Red