Fulcrum Racing 5 LG Road Wheelset
Updated with a new design, the very popular Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset has retained the qualities that made earlier models so popular and successful but eked out more performance with some subtle tweaks. This Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset continues to be a lightweight and durable wheelset at an affordable price.
Lightweight Aluminium Wheelset
Whether you choose to use these Fulcrum Racing 5’s for training, Sportives, or racing, you will enjoy the reliable performance that is infused with the heritage of Italian quality. Made from aluminium for enhanced strength and durability, Fulcrum’s Racing 5 wheelset features an updated rear hub for improved spoke tension.
The combined weight of 1.65 kilograms is very competitive for a mid-range wheelset, but given the price-point of this Racing 5 wheelset, geared for the lower end of the market, this lightweight aluminium wheelset is mightily impressive.
Aluminium All-Rounder: Updated to Perform
Lateral and torsional stiffness of the rear wheel has been increased through a new 20-spoke design that has been coupled with an asymmetric rear rim profile. Combined with an oversized hub and single-piece freehub body, the Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset is updated for consistent performance.
The rim dimensions are generous, which will allow you to fit clincher tyres from 25mm to 32mm on this Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset. The differentiated rim height (24mm at the front, 27.5mm at the rear) will optimise the balance of handling and power transmission. So, when the time comes to pick up the pace for an interval session, a sprint finish, or anything in between, you can have confidence in the knowledge that your Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset is built to perform.
- Material: Aluminium (Rim); High Grade Steel (Bearings); Stainless Steel (Spokes)
- Oversized hubs with flanges for blade hammer-head spokes and sealed high-quality bearings ensure smoothness
- The rear wheel incorporates a new single-piece body which embodies the freewheel body and pawl carrier in a single component resulting in a considerable weight reduction
- Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio on rear wheel means double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability and improved power transfer in the rear wheel. 18 radial aero spokes on front wheel 20 on rear.
- The wheels have two oversized spokes to balance the concentration of the rim joint material during wheel rotation, Fulcrum call this Dynamic Balance
- The Racing 5’s also have a deep upper bridge on the rim to facilitate clincher tyre fitting
- Included: QR skewers (front/rear) and rim tape (already fitted)
- Weight: 1.65kg
- Freehub Compatibility: 9/10/11-speed
- Rim Height (Front): 24mm
- Rim Height (Rear): 27.5mm
- Rim Width (Inner): 17mm
- Rim Width (Outer): 23mm
- Rim Wear Indicator: Yes
- Spoke Count (Front): 18
- Spoke Count (Rear): 20
- Maximum Rider Weight: 109kg
- Two-to-One? Spoke Ratio: Fulcrum’s pioneering Two-to-One? Spoke Ratio delivers incredible power transfer by doubling the spokes on the critical drive side of the wheels that ensure that zero energy is wasted.
Buy Fulcrum Wheels & Tyres from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Black – White
100mm Front – 130mm Rear – QR
Campag Freehub, Shimano Freehub