Spank Oozy Trail 295 Bead Bite MTB Wheelset
The MTB wheelset of choice for Spank’s Downhill World Cup Race Team and Big Mountain Freeriders, this light and resilient Oozy Trail 295 Bead Bite MTB Wheelset is innovative, versatile, and performance-ready. Packed with high-end tech and super strong, the Oozy Trail is a pro-proven, podium-ready set of MTB wheels.
A Super-Strong and Super-Light Alloy MTB Wheelset
This MTB wheelset features a rim that is made from an advanced alloy. Spank’s innovative, bespoke manufacturing process ensures that each alloy rim is incredibly light and strong to withstand the most aggressive and technical trails. Tubeless ready so you can run whichever setup you prefer, the Oozy Trail rim also features Spank’s BeadNip? technology for improved strength, durability, and comfort.
Spanks Oozy Trail MTB wheelset includes a 32-hole straight-pull Oozy Trail hub to offer a smooth running set of MTB wheels. This Oozy Trail 295 Bead Bite MTB Wheelset is hand-built for superior strength and durability with spoke torque retention guaranteed for optimal performance.
- Material: MGR Dynamal Alloy (Rim); Alloy (Freehub); Alloy (Nipples)
- Freehub: Shimano (XD available)
- Rim Dimension (Depth): 22mm
- Rim Dimension (External Width): 29.5mm
- Rim Dimension (Internal): 24.5mm
- Spoke Count: 32 Straight-pull spokes, three-cross lacing pattern
- Tubeless equipped (tape and vales included)
- Polish anodised finish
- 20x110mm (front axle included); QRx135mm (rear axle included)
- 12x142mm/135mm QR compatible (included)
- Weight: 1.90g (27.5″); 1.97kg (29″)
- BeadBite?: Enhanced anti-burp and tyre retention tubeless performance. Running tubeless? No stress! At an incredible range of pressures, Bead Bite? is the solution to keeping those tyres burp free and fixed in place. Bead Bite? rim technology, paired with Spank?s patented OohBah? profiles, enhances tubeless use with tyres of all types and with a greater range of air pressures. Bead Bite? rims have 6 rows of tiny ridges that run along the vertical and horizontal faces of the bead seats. These tiny teeth create air seals between the rim and tyre as the bead conforms into them under air pressure. They dramatically increase frictional forces on the tyre bead, reducing the bead?s ability to move vertically or horizontally (thus improving tyre stability and reducing burps). The bead literally becomes trapped between the vertical and horizontal ridges, even at very low air pressures. Even in tubed applications, Bead Bite? rims tend to allow much lower air pressures with reduced risk of pinch flats.
- OohBah?: The unique OohBah? profile allows us to manufacture thinner walled, wider profiled, lighter rims without sacrificing strength or rigidity. Wider rims mean stiffer wheels and more tyre spread, leading to greater traction and improved comfort, and tyre performance. The “wave” shape of the OohBah? inner tube adds strength and support to the vertical rim flange walls and prevents buckling. Normal straight or curved tube wells must be much thicker, and by default heavier, to offer the same support. The most important features of any rim are rigidity and weight. Rigidity or stiffness means more of your energy is transferred into drive force, (rather than flex) and acceleration/cornering/braking performance is improved. Reducing rolling weight in your wheels, more so than any other part on your bike, can dramatically reduce the energy needed to propel it forward. Take a look at a cross section of any given rim on the market. You?ll see that both the outer and inner walls are concave. Now check out a Spank rim. Spank’s unique patented OohBah? profile is characterised by its inverted tube well. This increases rigidity immensely compared with conventional rim designs. The combination of a concave outer wall with a convex inner tube well, results in the addition of a new, never before seen “hoop strength” in the profile, which lends massive strength and stiffness to the rim as a whole, and places the centre of inertia in the optimum position nearer the centre of the profile.
- BeadNip?: Improved tyre fit. Another secret of Spank?s patented OohBah? profile is Spank’s double BeadNip? technology. The OohBah? patent includes the addition of a second set of ?nips? on the inner tube well, which ensures that the tyre always remains in the bead-seat, even when riding at minimal air pressures. With Spank?s OohBah? patented rims, you can ride the tyres you want, at the pressure you want, on any terrain?with far less fear of flats! Traditional rim designs include only one set of bead hooks on the vertical walls or rim flanges. The vertical hooks are crucial for tyre retention. Without the bead hooks, the bead can slip inwards, leading to snake bites (pinch flats). In tubeless applications, BeadNip? also acts to trap the bead, preserving the seal between tyre and rim, enhancing air pressure longevity and reducing annoying “burps”.
- Dynamal Alloy: Safe, affordable and responsible alternative to carbon fibre. Utilising the endless lifecycle of aluminium, Spank’s proprietary alloy blends offer superior mechanical properties resulting in stronger rims and reduced weight through optimised design. Spank Industries has made a concerted effort to develop safe and affordable alternatives to the excessive use of carbon fibre in the bicycle manufacturing industry. Spank’s WC DH Race Teams and their most hard core Big Mountain Freeriders are running Spank?s Dynamal Alloy rims in the choice against carbon fibre. Unlike standard recycled alloy mixes, Dynamal is a dynamically aged highly magnesium-silicon enriched, pure alloy, which is blended with a special “secret” hardening metal. Compared to statically aged traditional alloy types, Dynamal shows a significant further increase in ultimate tensile strength and yield, without the normal reductions in fatigue life.
- MGR: Micro Grain Refinement – processes such as extrusion, forging and tube drawing can increase the strength of alloy materials by reducing the grain size. Spank uses state of the art proprietary metal forming methods, which further improve grain size consistency and orientation, and significantly reduce grain size beyond that of their competitors. No other bars or rims are subjected to the number of drawing steps or level of refinement as those offered by Spank. This leads to greater ultimate strength, toughness, and ductility … meaning confidence, comfort and safety.
Buy Spank Wheels & Tyres from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
15mm Front & 142 x 12mm Rear
29″, 27.5″ (650b)