Nukeproof Mega 275 Carbon RS Bike
Since 1999 the infamous Megavalanche race, which starts from the highest point on Pic Blanc (3300m) above the village of Alpe D?Huez has been synonymous with all mountain riding and the highest level of true mountain bike racing.
Conceived originally in 2009 by the development team at Nukeproof in an attempt to build the perfect bike for this exact style of racing, the Mega was born. Now in its 4th evolution, the Mega is podium proven. It has tasted success with numerous national and international race wins to its name.
Designed to excel on the toughest enduro tracks; the gravity focused specification is designed to descend fast but maintain the pedalling efficiency for all-day epics.
For 2018 Nukeproof has focussed on the smallest details in order to improve an already podium proven chassis. Making the decision to commit to a dedicated 1x drivetrain configuration across all models, this enabled its engineers to utilise the space required for a front derailleur to increase the main pivot bearing placement ensuring that maximum stiffness is achieved. This additional stiffness prevents torsional flex under pedalling and helps the chassis track through high speed, rough terrain without compromise.
With stiffness in mind, Nukeproof took the time to incorporate the very latest Boost 148 rear axle spacing allowing it to spec much stiffer and stronger wheels both front and rear. All 2018 Nukeproof Mega models will come with new wider spaced Boost wheels and forks enabling the rider to feel even more confident on the increased capability of the bike.
Updated Race Geometry
With the demands of Enduro World Series racers progressing at a rapid rate, Nukeproof looked again at its geometry and saw an opportunity to tailor the frames to suit not only the fastest racers, but the growing tribe of riders that utilise its bikes every weekend whether that be shuttling runs at their favourite bike park, or heading off for an all-day epic in the local hills.
Slightly taller head tube lengths help tailor the cockpit feel to increase rider confidence, and a lengthened top tube on large and extra-large frames should help even the tallest of riders feel at home on the new Mega 275 Carbon RS.
Metric Shock Sizing
The product development team work extremely closely with Nukeproof’s suspension partners and spent endless hours working on the perfect shock configuration for the new Mega. The perfect partnership between rear shock technology and frame kinematics has always been in the very root of its thought process when developing bikes and the new Mega with its brand new ?metric? shock standard is no different. Designed to work perfectly with both air and coil sprung rear shocks, Nukeproof has addressed some of the areas that it felt could be improved on over the previous design such as hardware improvements and higher spec shocks across the board.
The new Mega 275 Carbon RS utilises the brand new RockShox Super Deluxe rear shock and hardware now comprises of a wider spaced 25mmx8mm front mount, with a rocker link mounted bearing system to improve shock sensitivity and reduce the amount of wear through heavy usage. This combination adds even more stiffness to the chassis through these more secure fixtures and the ?Metric? rear shock system with increased bushing overlap.
High in Fibre
Leaning on its experience from the development of its award-winning Warhead Carbon handlebar range, Nukeproof has spent 4 years in the development of the brand new Mega 275 Carbon RS. Utilising a blend of the highest quality carbon fibre composites, the Mega 275 Carbon RS has been hand crafted with 1 goal in mind… Winning!
Not only is the chassis now significantly lighter than its aluminium counterpart, the strength and reliability of the frame has been vastly improved enabling every rider to push harder, faster and with more confidence than ever before.
Tested on the toughest of terrain and in the most varied conditions by Enduro World Series Winner Sam Hill, the 2018 Mega 275 Carbon RS sets out to tackle every ride with its trademark attitude.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 275 Carbon, ultra-strong monocoque Carbon Fibre chassis, internal cable routing with removable window insert for easy installation, custom tuned rear shock configuration, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik RCT3 170mm, Solo Air, diffusion black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 MLS1 230x65mm
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss XM1501, Spline 1, 30mm, 27.5″, 15x110mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss XM1501, Spline 1, 30mm, 27.5″, XD, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Maxxis High Roller II, 27.5″ x 2.3, 3C Maxx Terra, 3C/TR/DD
- Crankset: SRAM Descendant Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 34T, B148
- Drivetrain: SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, black
- Chain Guide: MRP SXg, 30-34T, ISCG-05, black
- Brakes: SRAM Code R, Sin, diffusion black
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon 780mm, 25mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 50mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Vector AM, grey
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth; S/M: 390mm length, 125mm drop; L/XL: 480mm length, 170mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-56 IITS
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Black – Grey
Medium, X Large
42cm (16.5″), 51cm (20″)