Thomson KfC-One Cyclocross Carbon Handlebar
For Cyclocross Thomson present the KFC-One, Katie Compton Signature ?cross bar. Katie brings her multiple National Championships and European racing experience to give you a bar built her way for cross.
The natural transition from your Thomson road bar for the ?cross season. Twin flats on the bottom of the bar allow taping your housing to create a completely round bar when wrapped. Top profile is round and as wide as possible. This allows auxiliary brake levers to be safely used and still leaves lots of room for your hands. Certified to EN, tested to DIN.
- Layup uses 3 different fiber types with different tensile strengths and tensile modulus, including High Strength carbon fiber. This helps allocate stiffness and flex where needed.
- All carbon fiber is produced by Toray and uses tailor made Nano Epoxy Resin for very high impact resistance. Toray is the main supplier of carbon fiber for Boeing and Airbus.
- Both the Road and Cross bar are made in one piece, not three pieces co-molded and glued together.
- Bars are molded over an EPS mandrel to avoid wrinkles inside the layup during molding. Most other bars are molded over inflatable nylon bladders.
- Reach is 78.5mm
- Drop is proportional – 40cm 131mm, 42cm 133mm, and 44cm 135mm
- 1.5K woven impact ends help prevent damage to uni-directional fibers from impact.
Buy Thomson Components from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.