Vitus Escarpe VRX 27.5″ Suspension Frame
From pushing the limits at your local trail centre to all-day epics in the mountains, the range-topping Escarpe VRX FS Frame is designed to offer the perfect balance between fun and efficiency to create Vitus’ best trail bike. With new features and technologies for the new season ahead, the Escarpe VRX FS Frame is more versatile than ever.
Strong and Light Aluminium Frame
Manufactured from hydroformed 6061-T6 aluminium, this frame can handle punishing trail rides without sacrificing on comfort. Designed with an updated trail geometry, it?s longer and lower, with increased reach and better standover clearance to improve the handling.
Smooth and Responsive Ride
Small bump sensitivity has been increased thanks to the incorporation of a super low friction metric shock. This combined with an upper trunnion bearing shock mount improves suspension linkage durability and creates a super smooth, supple and responsive ride that offers incredible traction on the trail.
Boost Hub Compatible
Keeping pace with the new market standard, the Vitus Escarpe VRX FS Frame is compatible with “Boost” (12x148mm axle) hubs. This means increased mud clearance, wheel stiffness, strength and durability which can only boost your performance on the trails.
- Frame: Hydroformed Triple Butted 6061-T6 Aluminium with patented four-bar V-Link rear suspension, 140mm travel
- Shock: RockShox Deluxe RT3 – Trunnion, Native Metric Design, Debon Air Spring, External Rebound Damping Adjustment, 3-Position Compression Adjustment (Open/Pedal/Lock), MLS380 185x50mm
- Seatclamp: Vitus Bolt
- Intended Use: All-mountain/trail
- Wheel Size Compatibility: 27.5?
- Recommended Fork Travel: 150mm
- Rear Travel: 140mm
- Boost 148x12mm Through rear axle
- Aggressive enduro geometry (low, slack and long)
- Removable high direct FD mount
- Clearance for up to 2.6″ tyres
- ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
- Stick on downtube and bolt on downtube protector to protect the downtube and cables from rock strikes
- Main Pivot Location: This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay Pivot Location: This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compress (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximises active suspension when using the rear brake; similar to a floating brake design, without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle Path: Because of the main pivot location, the Escarpe has 55mm of travel with a reward axle path which all helps the rider to carry momentum over rough terrain and especially square edged hits.
- Leverage Rate Design: The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive. This helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linear rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Grey – Black
43.5cm (17″), 48cm (19″), 38cm (15″), 52cm (20.5″)