Vitus Escarpe 29 VR Suspension Bike – SLX 1×11
From pushing the limits at your local trail centre to all day epics in the mountains, the Escarpe 29 VR Suspension Bike combines the perfect balance between fun and efficiency to create Vitus’ best trail bike. With new features and technologies for the new season ahead, the Escarpe 29 VR Suspension Bike is more versatile than ever.
Updated Aluminium Frame
Manufactured from hydroformed 6061-T6 aluminium to deliver a strong and lightweight aluminium frame that can handle punishing trail rides without sacrificing comfort. Sporting an updated trail geometry means this suspension bike is longer and lower, with increased reach and better standover clearance to improve handling.
Smooth and Responsive Ride
Small bump sensitivity has been increased thanks to the incorporation of a super low friction metric shock. This combined with an upper trunnion bearing shock mount improves suspension linkage durability and creates a super smooth, supple and responsive ride which offers incredible traction on the trail.
Keeping pace with the new market standard, the Vitus Escarpe 29 VR Suspension Bike comes with Boost hubs. Featuring wider front and rear axles for increased mud clearance, wheel stiffness, strength and durability, this can only boost your performance on the trails.
- Frame: Hydroformed Triple Butted 6061-T6 Aluminium with patented four-bar V-Link rear suspension, 140mm travel
- Forks: RockShox Revelation RC, 140mm travel, DebonAir spring, Motion Control RC Damper, External Rebound adjuster, Low Speed Compression to Lock, ?35mm Alloy stanchions ? fast black coating, tapered aluminium steerer, Boost 15x110mm axle, 51mm offset, Maxle Stealth
- Shock: RockShox Deluxe RT – Trunnion, Native Metric Design, Debon Air Spring, External Rebound Damping Adjustment, 2-Position Compression Adjustment (Open/Pedal), ML380 185x50mm
- Chainset: Shimano SLX FC-M7000, 170mm, 30T, Boost
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB52 HollowTechII (BSA), 73mm
- Shifters: Shimano SLX SL-M7000-IR Rapid Fire Plus, I-Spec II, 11-Speed
- Chainguide: MRP 1xCS
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX RD-M7000 Shadow Plus
- Cassette: Shimano CS-M7000, 11T-46T, 11-Speed
- Chain: KMC X11EL, 11-Speed
- Rims: Raceface AR27, tubeless ready, 29″, 32H
- Front Hub: Novatec D711SB-B15 – 6 Bolt, 110mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub:Novatec D462SB-SL-B12 – 6 Bolt, 148mm x 12mm
- Front: Maxxis Minion DHF Maxx Terra, 3C/EXO/TR, 29? x 2.3?
- Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR 2 3C/TR/DD, 29? x 2.3?
- Front Brake: Shimano BR-M500 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm rotor
- Rear Brake: Shimano BR-M500 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon, 7075 Double Butted Alloy, 25mm rise; 780mm wide (S/M) or 800mm wide (L/XL)
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack (No.57), 1.1/8? ? 1.5?
- Stem: Vitus, 3D Forged 6061-T6 Aluminium, +/- 3? rise, 50mm extension
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend XL Stealth Dropper, 31.6mm x 150mm drop (120mm Drop on size S)
- Seatclamp: Vitus Bolt
- Intended Use: All-mountain/trail
- Wheel Size: 29?
- Travel: 140mm, patented four-bar V-Link rear suspension with horizontal floating shock mount
- Recommended Fork Travel: 140/150mm
- Boost 110x15mm through front axle
- Boost 148x12mm Trough rear axle
- Aggressive enduro geometry (low, slack, Long with short stem)
- Removable High Direct FD mount
- Clearance for up to 2.6″ tyres
- ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
- Stick on downtube and bolt on downtube protector to protect the downtube and cables from rock strikes
- Main Pivot Location: This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay Pivot Location: This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compress (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximises active suspension when using the rear brake; similar to a floating brake design, without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle Path: Because of the main pivot location, the Escarpe has 55mm of travel with a reward axle path which all helps the rider to carry momentum over rough terrain and especially square edged hits.
- Leverage Rate Design: The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive. This helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linear rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Grey – Orange