Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon MIPS – Midnight Black
It wasn?t easy to improve upon the class-leading design and function of the D2 helmet, but TLD made it happen. By integrating next-level safety devices and making functional improvements, they raised the bar for head protection in the genre with the D3.
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, it is a revolutionary technology that lets the helmet slide relative to the head, adding more protection against rotational violence to the brain caused by angled impacts.
What is MIPS?
- MIPS is a Brain Protection System
- Rotational motion can cause brain injuries
- The low friction layer allows a sliding movement of 10?15 mm, in all directions, reducing rotational motion to the brain during impact
- MIPS adds protection
NEW features and improvements:
- NEW head form shape to improve fit and feel of the helmet, which increased EPS to frontal crash zones
- NEW 3D cheek pads; updated shape and contour to better fit the jaw/facial area, extended pad that results in a more secure fit
- NEW Front trim smoothed edges, for a more precision look over the sharper edges of previous model
Riders like Sam Hill, Aaron Gwin, Steve Peat, Brandon Semenuk and Cam Zink refuse to wear anything else when they pedal. With styles and colours to fit any personality, the only question is: Which one is for you?
- Hand laid pre-preg carbon/composite/MCT weave blend for superior shell construction and weight reduction
- Top layer UD (unidirectional) carbon weave provides strength and style
- High modulus Kevlar reinforced high impact zones for increased strength and rigidity
- Nylon reinforcement polymer in key high-wear and impact zones
- Technologically advanced aerospace carbon/composite shell construction
- MIPS brain protection system, reduces rotational forces to the brain
- Digital wind tunnel-tested, aerodynamic shell design
- Revolutionary injection-moulded air intake system
- 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports for maximum ventilation
- Added EPS and new head form shape for improved impact performance
- Full incremental sizing for greater range of fitment
- Deep EPS channelling for optimal airflow
- Strategically placed interior chin bar shock pads for comfort and durability
- Removable, washable padded liner with Coolmax? and Dri-lex? moisture wicking materials
- Contoured 3D cheek pads fit anatomically
- Quick-release cheek pads for emergency helmet removal
- Purpose-built internal cavities for audio integration
- Titanium hardware for reduced weight
- Includes 2 lightweight, streamlined visors and a helmet bag
- Not intended for use with motorised vehicles
- Exceeds bicycle certifications: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078:2002+A1:2012 ASTM F1952-15, ASTM F2032-15, ASTM F2040-11
Buy Troy Lee Designs Protection from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
S, XS, L, M, XXL, XL