Colnago CLX Road Bike – Ultegra
Colnago’s CLX Road Bike with its striking frame has been built to meet the requirements of cyclists seeking a high performance bike made of premium materials and to the definitive standard of workmanship synonymous with Colnago. The bike’s structure features a distinctive, monocoque design with carbon fibre dropouts.
The CLX Road Bike is a product that points to the favourable ratio of stiffness to lightness and comfort. Building on Colnago’s experience with the V1-r, the idea of visualising the design of the various tubes was simple and features an oblique, oversized tube set that embraces a large bottom bracket area (with a standard Colnago ThreadFit 82.5 system) and a conical seat tube for use with a lighter and more comfortable 27.2mm diameter seatpost. Another important feature is the internal cable routing, which keeps the frame aesthetics completely clean.
Light action Vivid Shifting is another feature taken from Shimano?s top end groupset, making the Ultegra 11 speed 6800 groupset a performance option for the masses. The shifters and derailleurs incorporate Shimano?s Vivid Shift technology which provides you with a light but constructive feel all the way through the 11 speed drivetrain, ensuring you get the gear you want, when you want, with minimum effort.
With its two piece hollow axle design, the Shimano Hollowtech II chainset is both stiffer and lighter than the square taper chainset. Mounting the large diameter bearings outboard of the bottom bracket shell also provides increased stiffness and bearing life over standard cartridge units. With 50/34 compact gearing, you can tackle even the steepest climbs with confidence.
Ultegra Dual pivot brake calipers provide tremendous braking power with angle adjustable pads to guarantee perfect pad alignment. The quick release lever aids putting in and removal of the wheels for transportation, puncture repairs or replacements.
The Shimano RS11 clincher wheelset offers all the technology of Shimano high end wheels at an economical price. The 24mm high profile aluminium rim improves aerodynamics while elbow-less spokes make for a sturdy yet accommodating wheel.
The hub uses angular contact bearings designed to cradle the balls, giving both radial and lateral support for greater strength and resilience in real-world cycling conditions. They also offer precision bearing adjustment and easy maintenance. The labyrinth and contact seals offer low-friction sealing, effectively shutting out water, mud and dirt without affecting rotational smoothness.
- Fork Material: Carbon
- Number of gears: 22
- Front Axle Type: 9mm QR
- Cable Routing: Internal
- Frame: Colnago CLX
- Fork: Colnago CLX
- Steerer: Tapered
- Bottle Cage Mounts: Double
- Front Derailleur Mount: Braze on
- Dropouts: Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
- Wheel Size: 700C
- Wheelset: Shimano WH-RS11
- Groupset Manufacturer: Shimano
- Brake Levers/Gear Shifters: Shimano Ultegra
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Brake Type: Caliper
- Brakes: Shimano Ultegra levers
- Brake Calipers: Shimano BR-6800
- Chainset Type: Compact
- Chainset: Shimano FC-6800 50×34
- Chainring Size: 50 tooth, 34 tooth
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG600-11
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano
- Cassette: Shimano CS-5800 11-28T
- Cassette Range: 11-28 tooth
- Handlebars: Deda RHM 01
- Bar Tape/Grips: Cork
- Stem: Deda zero one
- Seatpost: Colnago CLX carbon 27.2mm
- Saddle: Selle Italia SL
- Tyres: Vittoria Rubino 700×25
- Pedals: Supplied with basic flat pedals
- Manufacturer?s Warranty: 1 year frame and parts
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Colnago Bikes from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.