Campagnolo Centaur Ultra Torque Crankset
The Campagnolo Centaur Ultra Torque Crankset brings top-end features and technologies to the masses. Featuring the same four-arm spider as seen on Campagnolo’s “Super Record” model, the Centaur has the extra strength where it’s most needed, ensuring excellent rigidity for efficient gear shifts, sprinting, and climbing. It’s also very versatile, as if you want to change from a 50/34t to a 53/36t or vice-versa, there’s no need to change the entire crankset as the spider is compatible with either chainring combination.
The Centaur’s chainrings have a special anti-friction coating to encourage smooth chain operation. The chainrings also feature Campagnolo’s “MPS?” technology, which enables quick and accurate shifts no matter how hard your pushing and in all weather conditions. Also, thanks to the use of the “Ultra Torque?” bottom bracket system, you’ll enjoy consistent, rigid performance and optimised power transfer.
- Material: Aluminium (crank arms/chainrings), Steel (integrated axle)
- Speed: 2×11
- Bolt Circle: 112/145mm
- Bottom bracket cups not included
- Recommended Chain: Campagnolo 11-speed
- Axle Profile: Ultra-Torque – integrated axle
- Weight: Approx. 875g (170mm crank arm length without BB cups)
- MPS? (Micro Precision Shifting System): Optimised design of the up-shift and down-shift zones and of the profile of the teeth ? enables fast and precise shifting in all types of conditions. 8 chain upshifting areas and 2 chain downshifting areas result in faster and more precise shifting, even under stress.
- Ultra Torque System?: Six years after its introduction, this system is still considered the best performing crankset spindle in terms of stiffness, low weight and efficiency of power transmission. Campagnolo found a way to permanently conjoin the semi-axles of the bottom bracket to the respective crankset arms. This redesign made it possible to considerably reduce the lateral dimensions at the axle level and prevent annoying contact with the ankles when turning the pedals. Furthermore, despite the narrow side profile, Campagnolo has been able to position the bearings outside the bottom bracket shell, resulting in greater axle rigidity from the increased axle diameter.
Buy Campagnolo Components from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
170mm, 175mm, 172.5mm