6D ATR-1 Edge Helmet
The ATR-1 range of helmets from 6D are the first premium off-road helmets designed with state-of-the-art technology to reduce low-threshold impact energy transfer and angular acceleration to the brain during impact.
This lightweight ATR-1 Edge Helmet incorporates the superior benefits of 6D?s ground-breaking Omni-Directional Suspension tech and has no equal. It has also been developed with multi-density EPS materials and isolation dampers to provide ultimate protection to the brain and skull.
Exceptional Airflow Management
6D’s ATR-1 Edge Helmet, as you would expect, has many advanced features such as a highly developed shell constructed from a woven blend of composite fibreglass, advanced aerospace carbon fibre and Kevlar, a comfort liner made of genuine Coolmax? antibacterial fabric, emergency release cheek pads and shear-away visor screws. It also has 8 intake ports, 13 transfer ports and 4 aggressive exhaust ports for exceptional airflow management.
- Patented ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) technology
- Updated Visor: Allows for greater durability
- Shell: A proprietary woven blend of advanced aerospace carbon fibre, composite fibreglass, and Kevlar
- New PC Halo: Improves durability of inner EPS liner and overall performance
- Airflow Management: 8 intake ports, 13 transfer ports, 4 aggressive exhaust ports
- Rear Delta Vent: Aids heat transfer by scavenging air
- Comfort Liner: Genuine Coolmax? antibacterial fabric
- Emergency release cheek pads
- Shear-away visor screws
- Roost Guard: Provides additional face protection
- Clavicle Cut-Away: Provides increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- Sternum Pad: Provides added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum in the event of an accident
- 2 separate EPS liners separated by 27 elastic isolation dampers
- 3-dimensional displacement of the inner liner upon impact
- Uncouples the impact force at the outer shell from the riders head
- Superior performance for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- Significantly reduces linear accelerations
- Mitigates angular acceleration forces to the head and brain
- Increases time-to-peak values by roughly double (lessens severity)
- Delivers progressive ride-down for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- Self re-centre alignment when the impact load is removed
- Superior airflow, heat transfer, and sweat evaporation via air-gap between layers
- ATR-1 is certified to exceed US DOT FMVSS 218 and ASTM F3103 (US), ECE 22.05 (47 Countries World-Wide), AS 1698 (Australia) and ACU (UK) standards
- 3-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Crash replacement/rebuild program
- Dimensions: 40.64cm x 40.64cm x 25.4cm
- Weight: 1.59kg approx
Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) Technology: 6D?s revolutionary patented Omni-Directional Suspension technology represents a fully active, in-helmet suspension and kinetic energy management system. Engineered to uncouple the helmet?s exterior shell from the inner EPS liner, the system effectively mitigates energy transfer to the head and brain of the rider during any given accident or impact event.
The ODS system is comprised of 2 EPS liners separated by an array of elastomeric isolation dampers that allow the system to sheer and displace 3-dimensionally when subjected to impact. Omni-Directional Suspension functions over a much broader range of energy demands, including low, mid and high-velocity impacts for both angular and linear accelerations when compared to other competing helmets and helmet technologies.
There is simply no other helmet, or helmet technology that can provide the exceptional energy management benefits of Omni-Directional Suspension.
Elastomeric Isolation Damper: This damper is the heart and soul of 6D?s exclusive Omni-Directional Suspension technology. There is an array of dampers that work in unison with the dual EPS liners to isolate impact energy from the brain. The elastic properties of the dampers, combined with their unique hourglass shape provide a progressive spring rate that manages low and mid-velocity accelerations, while simultaneously allowing the inner EPS liner to displace and shear in 3-dimensional space.
This omni-directional displacement capability of the EPS liners provides six degrees of freedom, which became the inspiration for 6D’s company name; 6D Helmets.
Buy 6D Protection from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Neon Blue- Grey, Neon Orange- White, Neon Citrus- Grey
S, M, L