Vitus Venon L Disc Road Bike – Carbon 105
The Venon L offers all day comfort and our endurance fit geometry that has been designed with long haul sportives in mind but equally at home on weekend raids or midweek commuting to work!
The Venon L features a Shimano 105 groupset and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, Fulcrum Racing Sport Disc Brake wheelset and a Vitus finishing kit to complete the package.
Our L range of bikes have a components package that has been tailored to better suit the female form and riding position for optimum comfort and enhanced performance. Whether you are planning to tackle your first all day ride or just to join the A group on your local club rides, the Venon L will help you attain your goals in comfort and style.
Lightweight T700 HM-UD Disc Brake Specific Carbon Frame & Fork
The Venon disc brake specific frameset features T700 HM-UD construction for light weight and durability with full internal cable routing which is compatible with both mechanical and electronic shifting set ups. We have completely revised the frameset to improve vertical compliance and enhance comfort levels without compromising on lateral stiffness and power transfer. The addition of slender seatstays and a 27.2mm seatpost results in increased vertical compliance, which translates into a smoother ride and reduced road vibration. The bottom bracket area is oversized to improve lateral stiffness and power transfer. Up front the tapered headtube increases front-end stiffness for improved tracking and handling.
A matching T700 HM-UD full carbon fork with tapered steerer adds comfort and enhanced steering precision. Our revised lay-up further reduces road buzz to offer added comfort on rougher sections of road.
We have incorporated through axles front and rear for enhanced braking performance and improved handling to counteract the brake forces that are transmitted through one side of the frame and fork. We have adopted the 100mm x 15mm front and 142mm x 12mm rear axle standards. The rear dropouts can be changed to alter the rear axle configuration to 135mm x 9mm QR via the use of our QR dropout set which is available to purchase separately.
Our endurance geometry features a more relaxed riding position with the addition of slightly taller headtubes to maintain all day comfort and reduced lower back stress. This offers an optimum centralised riding position for improved stability and also enhances the overall handling characteristics.
- Frame: High-modulus T700 HM-UD carbon, disc brake specific, 135mm x 12mm through axle
- Forks: High-modulus T700 HM-UD carbon with tapered carbon steerer, disc brake specific, 15mm x 100mm through axle
- Chainset: Shimano 105 5800, 50tx34t
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano 105 5800 (BSA)
- Brake/Shift Levers: Shimano ST-RS 505 Hydraulic Disc Brake
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 5800, braze on
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 5800
- Cassette: Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11t-28t
- Chain: KMC X11, 11-speed
- Rims: Fulcrum Racing Sport Disc Brake
- Front Hub: Fulcrum Racing Sport Disc Brake, 100mm x 15mm QR through axle
- Rear Hub: Fulcrum Racing Sport Disc Brake, 135mm x 12mm QR through axle
- Spokes: Fulcrum Racing Sport Disc Brake
- Tyres: Michelin PRO 4, 700c x 25c
- Front Brake: Shimano BR-RS 505 Hydraulic Disc, 140mm rotor
- Rear Brake: Shimano BR-RS 505 Hydraulic Disc, 140mm rotor
- Handlebars: Vitus compact, 6061 double butted Alloy, 128mm Drop/77mm Reach
- Headset: Token A38M integrated, 1.1/8″ ? 1.5″
- Stem: Vitus, 3D forged 6061-T6 aluminium, +/- 7 degree rise
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Vitus UD carbon, 2D forged head with micro-adjustment, 27.2mm x 350mm
- Seatclamp: Vitus bolt
Weight: 8.28kg/18.25lbs (size 54cm)
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids? bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
Agua Blue – Pink