Speedplay SYZR Stainless Pedal System
At Speedplay, we were born with the need for speed ? both on-road and off. After inventing the most technically-advanced road pedals, we set out to develop a state-of-the-art, off-road pedal system that is equally capable on the road.
Speedplay?s new Syzr is the culmination of a multi-year R&D effort to develop the ultimate, made-to-go-anywhere clipless pedal system.
We started by making Syzr Pedal Systems transfer power more efficiently. Rider power is delivered to Syzr pedals directly through the cleats, not through the spongy rubber lugs of the shoe sole. Direct, Through-the-Cleat Power Transfer ensures that no rider energy is lost during transmission. We also developed Active Cleat Stabilization Technology to improve the precision of the pedal/cleat connection and eliminate the slop and lateral instability common to off-road pedals.
Another first for off-road pedals is the Syzr?s patented, Micro-Adjustable Float Technology. By designing an adjustable pivot mechanism directly into the cleat, Syzr pedals are the only off-road pedal system to provide a user-customizable, 10-degree range of float. Cleat set-up is easier too since there is no need to reposition the cleat to make angular adjustments.
A special Roller-Cam Release Technology was developed for Syzr cleats to ensure consistent release in wet or muddy conditions. Instead of the usual metal-to-metal connection that allows other pedals and cleats to seize during release, Syzr cleats feature Ceramic Roller-Cams that do not seize when wet because they roll. In addition to improving consistency of release, the ceramic contacts provide exceptional, long-term durability.
To make Syzr pedals easier to engage quickly, Syzr cleats feature a proprietary Target Acquisition Technology that uses funnel-shaped guides to steer the cleat into the pedal?s latch mechanism. Two wing-shaped Funnel Guides at the front of each cleat effectively increase the size of the target area to facilitate easier engagement. Engagement security has been optimized as well, by reversing the typical orientation of the pedal?s pivoting latch. The Syzr?s new latch design prevents inadvertent release when pulling hard on the pedals because you no longer pull up against the latch gate.
Designed to quickly and easily clear mud during entry and release, Syzr pedals feature Speedplay?s exclusive Open Architecture Design. This special design configuration prevents mud on the shoe sole from interfering with engagement as well as preventing the cleats from clogging or binding in muddy conditions.
Syzr pedals use precision needle and cartridge bearings and feature a convenient built-in grease-port for easy routine maintenance. Syzr cleats are compatible with all recessed 2-hole shoe mounts, and unlike some systems, Syzr pedals will not cause damage to shoes because there is no pedal to shoe sole contact when riding.
- Direct-Drive Power Transfer: Syzr pedals deliver power more efficiently than any MTB pedal. Other MTB pedal systems waste energy with every pedal stroke by transferring rider power through the spongy rubber tread of the shoe sole. Direct, through-the-cleat power transfer eliminates any energy loss from sole compression or wear.
- Active Cleat Stabilization: Self-tightening, cinch-down cleat connection ensures unsurpassed lateral foot stability. Syzr pedals are the only off-road pedal design to provide the superior platform stability of a road pedal.
- True Micro-Adjustable Float: Micro-adjustable, 10-degree float range makes cleat set-up easy. Unique, pivoting cleat provides smooth, non-recentreing, knee-friendly float.
- Ceramic Roller-Cam Release Technology: Proprietary Ceramic Roller-Cam Release Technology ensures consistent disengagement in all conditions by rolling instead of binding.
- Target Acquisition Technology: Funnel-shaped guides on the front of each cleat effectively increase the size of the target area and steer the cleat into the pedal. This technology makes Syzr pedals much easier to engage without looking.
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Weight: 312g (per pair)
Buy Speedplay Components from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.