Fulcrum Racing Zero Carbon Wheelset
The Fulcrum Racing Zero Carbon Wheelset is an improved version of the sophisticated and innovative Racing Zero. The Racing Zero Carbon provides a lighter, more reactive and stiffer rim profile than ever before. It still retains the same character and finesse, but now offers an even greater performance output.
Aerodynamics and Stability
The 30mm rim height and 17mm internal width has not been changed, as this provided an excellent balance of aerodynamics and stability in all riding conditions. The main changes to the design are in the materials and their construction. The rim is made from Twill carbon fibre that provides exceptional stiffness and durability while featuring Fulcrum AC3 technology that provides unmatched rim braking performance.
The Racing Zero Carbon is the ultimate high-end all-round race wheelset. Perfectly suited to Gran Fondo events, dedicated cyclists who clock up the miles, riders who tackle tough climbs and adrenaline rushing descents; these wheels will aid you on your journey to the pinnacle of the road riding experience.
- Material: Rim: Carbon Twill; Hubs: Carbon, Aluminium flanges; Spokes: Aluminium; Nipples: Aluminium
- Discipline: Race, Endurance, Triathlon
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Rim Profile: 30mm
- Rim External Width: 24.2mm
- Braking Surface: AC3 Treatment
- Axle Compatibility: Quick Release
- Spoke Type: Aero, Straight Pull
- Spoke Count: Front: 16; Rear: 21
- Bearings: USB Ceramic, Cup & Cone
- Freewheel: Plasma treated
- Weight: 1.35kg
- Rim Full Carbon: This technology was developed by Fulcrum and is the combination of different types of carbon fibre, including unidirectional and the famous 90? 3K found on wheel models at the top of the Fulcrum range. Fulcrum developed a special HTC (high transition grade) resin, which has a glass transition point at a higher temperature than any other carbon fibre used within the bicycle industry. This provides exceptional stiffness, durability and braking performance.
- USB (Ceramic Ultra Smooth Bearings): Using high-end ceramic balls, which perform continually thanks to the absence of lubricating grease and the precise machining of the cup and cone technology, the friction is reduced drastically and in turn increases the smoothness of triathlon and road bike wheels by as much as 9 times compared to standard bearings.
- 2:1 Two-To-One: Every push on the pedals from the rider will force most of that energy on the drive side of the rear wheel. To combat this loss of rim tension and power transfer, Fulcrum has solved this cycling problem with their 2:1 spoke ratio pattern by doubling the spoke count in crucial zones on the wheel.
- Rim Dynamic Balance: Simple and Elegant, the weight of the rim gasket is balanced on the opposite side with an item of similar weight.
- Directionated Rim-Spoke Coupling: An exclusive rim/spoke mounting system. It allows the rim, spokes, hub and nipples to align perfectly, guaranteeing the precise spoke tension in all areas around the wheel.
- Unrilled Rim Bed: Featuring no holes on the central section of the rim means that the rim is uniform at every point, free from critical areas subject to stress. The advantages are immediately clear: less weight, longer lasting rims, greater resistance to fatigue, the possibility of giving the spokes more tension and more stiffness which, in terms of performance, means improved responsiveness and acceleration.
- Plasma Freehub: The freehub body has been Plasma treated, which makes the aluminium especially hard and resistant to surface abrasion and wear. This means the thickness of materials used can be to be reduced to a minimum, achieving a lighter weight, while maintaining lifespan and reliability.
- AC3 – All Conditions Carbon Control: AC3 enables surprising braking performance, which is very noticeable in difficult weather conditions. Rather than using the traditional machined brake track approach, Fulcrum uses micro laser incisions on the brake track surface to remove resins and create a smooth surface. Lab tests have shown that this process improves braking power by an improvement of 6%. However, in the wet this performance increase jumps to 43%. Bringing braking in the wet closer to the performance experienced when riding in dry conditions.
- Anti-Rotation System: This system locks the spoke in place once the correct tension is achieved. Engineers at Fulcrum have designed this system to ensure the spokes never lose their initial tension and to remain in the position that has been proven to provide the perfect aerodynamic properties.
Buy Fulcrum Wheels & Tyres from Bicycles Online Shop, the World?s Largest Online Bike Store.
9/10/11 Speed, 10/11 Speed