Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon Wheelset
The Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon Wheelset is designed to be the perfect everyday riding companion. Among the list of advanced technologies that the Quattro wheelset features, the aerodynamic 40mm rim profile keeps these road wheels stable and they roll very fast with supreme efficiency, making them ready to shine on any competitive track, route or event.
Lightweight, Flex-free and Predictable
These wheels are designed to be lightweight without sacrificing any structural stability. This is most noticeable when climbing aggressively as their lightweight helps you to race up the hills and due to the advanced carbon construction, they are flex-free and predictable.
Exceptional Braking Performance
The stiffness and weight of the Quattro Carbon wheelset is as beneficial on the descent as it is when climbing. The exceptional stiffness, durability and braking performance that the Quattro features provides a confidence inspiring ride that is easy to control at high speeds. The AC3 brake track that feature on this version of the Quattro wheels allows for later braking coming into corners and provides exceptional braking power in wet weather riding conditions.
- Material: Rim: Carbon; Front Hub: Carbon, Aluminium flanges; Rear Hub: Aluminium; Spokes: Stainless Steel; Nipples: Aluminium
- Discipline: Race, Endurance, Triathlon
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Rim Profile: 40mm
- Rim External Width: 24.2mm
- Braking Surface: AC3 Treatment
- Axle Compatibility: Quick Release
- Spoke Type: Aero, Straight Pull
- Spoke Count: Front: 18; Rear: 21
- Bearings: IBS, adjustable
- Freewheel: Plasma treated
- Weight: 1.55kg
- Rim Full Carbon: This technology was developed by Fulcrum and is the combination of different types of carbon fibre, including unidirectional and the famous 90? 3K found on wheel models at the top of the Fulcrum range. Fulcrum developed a special HTC (high transition grade) resin, which has a glass transition point at a higher temperature than any other carbon fibre used within the bicycle industry. This provides exceptional stiffness, durability and braking performance.
- 2:1 Two-To-One: Every push on the pedals from the rider will force most of that energy on the drive side of the rear wheel. To combat this loss of rim tension and power transfer, Fulcrum has solved this cycling problem with their 2:1 spoke ratio pattern by doubling the spoke count in crucial zones on the wheel.
- Rim Dynamic Balance: Simple and Elegant, the weight of the rim gasket is balanced on the opposite side with an item of similar weight.
- Directionated Rim-Spoke Coupling: An exclusive rim/spoke mounting system. It allows the rim, spokes, hub and nipples to align perfectly, guaranteeing the precise spoke tension in all areas around the wheel.
- Unrilled Rim Bed: Featuring no holes on the central section of the rim means that the rim is uniform at every point, free from critical areas subject to stress. The advantages are immediately clear: less weight, longer lasting rims, greater resistance to fatigue, the possibility of giving the spokes more tension and more stiffness which, in terms of performance, means improved responsiveness and acceleration.
- Plasma Freehub: The freehub body has been Plasma treated, which makes the aluminium especially hard and resistant to surface abrasion and wear. This means the thickness of materials used can be to be reduced to a minimum, achieving a lighter weight, while maintaining lifespan and reliability.
- AC3 – All Conditions Carbon Control: AC3 enables surprising braking performance, which is very noticeable in difficult weather conditions. Rather than using the traditional machined brake track approach, Fulcrum uses micro laser incisions on the brake track surface to remove resins and create a smooth surface. Lab tests have shown that this process improves braking power by an improvement of 6%. However, in the wet this performance increase jumps to 43%. Bringing braking in the wet closer to the performance experienced when riding in dry conditions.
- Anti-Rotation System: This system locks the spoke in place once the correct tension is achieved. Engineers at Fulcrum have designed this system to ensure the spokes never lose their initial tension and to remain in the position that has been proven to provide the perfect aerodynamic properties.
Buy Fulcrum Wheels & Tyres from Bicycles Online Shop, the World?s Largest Online Bike Store.
10/11 Speed, 9/10/11 Speed