Thomson Off-Road Carbon DropBar
Thomson’s Off-Road Carbon DropBars are built to stand up to the harshest of cyclocross seasons and are a natural transition from your Thomson road bars. They feature a one-piece construction that combines three types of high-quality carbon fibre to give you the perfect balance of strength and flex in key areas.
Aerospace-grade Carbon Fibre
Thomson constructed these bars using the finest quality Toray carbon fibre. Toray is the main supplier to Boeing and Airbus and this material is produced using tailor-made Nano Epoxy Resin to give the bars an extremely high resistance to sudden shocks. Also, the bars have 1.5K woven impact ends that protect the unidirectional fibres in the event of a crash or sudden impact.
Auxillary Brake Lever Ready
These bars have wide and round top profile, which gives you plenty room for different hand positions and makes them ready for auxiliary flat bar levers. Plus, for extra palm comfort, twin flat areas on the underside of the bars mean that the bar is completely round when the outer cables are taped up. One final and just as important feature, is the shallow and wide flared drops. This design helps to provide you with comfortable and precise control on even the roughest of courses.
- Layup uses 3 different fibre types with different tensile strengths and tensile modulus, including High Strength carbon fibre. This helps allocate stiffness and flex where needed
- All carbon fibre is produced by Toray and uses tailor made Nano Epoxy Resin for very high impact resistance. Toray is the main supplier of carbon fibre for Boeing and Airbus
- Made in one piece, not three pieces co-moulded and glued together as with many other bars
- Bars are moulded over an EPS mandrel to avoid wrinkles inside the layup during moulding. Most other bars are moulded over inflatable nylon bladders
- 1.5K woven impact ends help prevent damage to unidirectional fibres from impact
- Certified to EN, tested to DIN+
- Clamp: 31.8mm
- Reach: 78.5mm
- Drop: 40cm: 131mm; 42cm: 133mm; 44cm: 135mm
Buy Thomson Components from Bicycles Online Shop, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.